Project partner for statistics, epidemiology and programming
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie, Informatik und Epidemiologie (IMBIE)
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Matthias Schmid
The Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics and Epidemiology (IMBIE) works at the interface between biostatistical data analysis in clinical-epidemiological cooperation projects and own quantitative methodological research in the fields of biometry and epidemiology at the University Hospital Bonn.
The IMBIE offers consulting services in the field of medical statistics for students of the Medical Faculty Bonn as well as for research assistants and PhD students of the UKB. IMBIE staff members answer your questions about planning, conducting and evaluating doctoral theses and clinical research projects and provide guidance on solving problems in this area independently.
- Regression analysis modeling of clinical and epidemiological data
- Modeling of survival and event time data (e.g., discrete survival analysis, evaluation criteria for survival predictions)
- Development of statistical learning methods (e.g., boosting, kernel deep stacking networks)
- Analysis of methods for data-driven selection of variables (e.g. boosting, stability selection)
- Development of statistical software in the programming language R
- Time-to-event analysis